Thursday, February 21, 2008

Indian "Premium" League

It's very very late in the night, more than half past 12. I just got home after a very busy day-

The Players Auction of IPL. Great auction, it was. It’s something that has changed the game’s economy forever. Now I won’t be surprised, if players would prefer playing in Twenty-20 leagues like IPL and earn a premium of life-time instead of playing for their national side.

Never felt that speaking of crores of Rs. will be so boring! It was not just boring but meaningless. No I'm not saying this out of frustration. But I really don't see any good in it- barring the fact that Cricketrs will also get a chance to make money.

As for the teams and players sold and bought, everyone has said a lot today, and everyone will say a lot in coming days. So, I’ll stop here and get a nice Sleep… Good Night, World!

No comments: