Monday, April 23, 2007

The Battle is not yet over...

I was away busy with daily routine and International Earth Day Activities and Then when I returned to the TV, I had two News waiting for me.

Roger Federer lost to Rafael NAdal in Monte carlo Masters and I was sad.
But as Indian shooters performed excidingly well in Australia giving me something to celebrate by the end of the day.

I couldn't see the Monte Carlo Final play live but I was watching the repeat of the Match and Believe me, I didn't feel like I used to feel earlier. I mean Roger lost to Rafa but I didn't get Frustrated or Didn't feel too Sad.
Because, As I watched the Recorded Match I observed a few things:
1.Roger was much more at ease compared to his first clash this week, he was less stiff.
2.His clay-play has definately changed (should be read as Improved) compared to that last year.
3.In the beginning, whenever Roger went close to the net he created troubles for Rafa, and then he started getting too desperate to serve and volley and seemed slightly impatient.
4. He was more composed than Rafa- both physically and psychologically
5. and a Drastic change- he was ENJOYING although it was a match against Rafa- and that's what I always like to see- Roger Enjoying the game.

Rafa has changed as well. His muscles have grown stronger and shots finer, but he still has problems with his fitness.I think, he'd have been a nice player had he not been playing in Roger's Era, and I DO BELIEVE that the He' no. 2 mainly because he's slightly better where Roger is slightly weaker. (otherwise he'd have been 3rd, or 4th or 6th, may be )
Oh, I've started enjoying their Rivalary much more, but I'd like to see their battles ending in Roger's favour.

No comments: