Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Series is Lost...

I just finished watching the fourth ODI between India and South Africa. Obviously, India lost.
Well, now-a-days, it becomes news when India wins... But this is certainly a ‘news’ as India lost the match and lost the series with it. We haven’t yet won a series in South Africa. But who expected such a bad performance from the “Men in Blue”?

I was still watching the match because of and only because of Irfan Pathan. He played a brilliant knock today. He showed more signs of maturity and patience. However I think he should concentrate on his bowling first. His bowling action seems to have changed. I think we need to give him some time.

As far the Indian team is concerned, what else remains to say? There is a talk going on about Saurav Ganguly to be selected.
So are we going back to the experience instead of youth? In my opinion, it’s not the question of youth or experience alone. It’s neither an easy thing to get a balance between them two. I feel what the Team needs most is not players but a proper game-plan. So let’s see when do they get it… and yes they need not to get overexposure in media. !

No comments: